Saturday, July 23, 2016

Home Sweet Home!

This weekend is a little change of pace for me from being back in Redfield!  I'm back home in Minnesota for the weekend along with my fiance's mom (Sheree) who drove the 4.5 hours from Redfield, SD to St. Peter, MN where my parents live by a lake to also stay for the weekend.  Last night we had a great time together out on the pontoon talking and floating around the lake.
Before Sheree got here last night, my mom and I actually went to Inspire Bridal Boutique right on main street in St. Peter.  It was my first time trying on wedding dresses but I had a very successful first day!  Surprisingly enough, pretty much every dress fit me perfectly and I ended up liking 6+ dresses!  I thought I would be overwhelmed by not being able to find one I like, but it was completely the opposite.  I was a little overwhelmed that I liked so many!  I did end up narrowing it down to two dresses, but I did have a favorite.  I also looked at bridesmaids dresses and tuxes for our bridal party and found the colors I like (charcoal gray and coral) and the styles I liked.  So like I said, it was a very successful day :)

I ended up making another short appointment today at 11:00 AM so I could bring Sheree back with my mom and I to try on the dresses for her to see.  So this afternoon we went back into the boutique and I narrowed it down to my favorite.  Sheree liked that one the best so that was reassuring :)  I didn't purchase it yet because I want to try and find it cheaper somewhere else, but it's very relieving to have found one I love!  I have our reception hall picked out and our DJ... Which both worked for the date we are thinking next summer.  I finally picked the church we want to get married in and plan to meet with the pastor at the church this coming week and hopefully that day works as well with the church! It's starting to all come together!!

No comments:

Post a Comment