Friday, July 22, 2016

The Calm After the Storm!

Wow, 11 straight days of camps are DONE! As a senior, it's the start of many lasts which is bittersweet!  It's amazing how slow the days feel from day-to-day sometimes but looking back how fast the series of days went for camps.  Advanced camp went by much quicker than Intermediate camp because it was a whole day shorter.  Team camp is a full four days and it always gets really hot and humid in the gyms during that week!  It got up to 100 degrees most of the days and it's miserable in the gyms without any air conditioning!! We actually had to completely cancel one of our night sessions from 6:30-8:30 because we were in an extreme heat advisory.  The gym floors start to get slippery from all the humidity and it does get dangerous for the players.


So camps are done and I headed home Wednesday night for my follow-up appointments for my shoulder on Thursday morning.  I had surgery on my right shoulder back in December to get my labrum repaired and I have to see my doctor and physical therapist every couple months.  It was nice to see them right after camps when we play and scrimmage very competitively during all of our breaks.  It was a good test to see where my shoulder was at from all my rehab and strengthening this summer.  So I got cleared to play this fall for my last year!  Now I get a nice break at home for the weekend :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment