Saturday, July 2, 2016

Whirlwind of a Week!

There's a reason I've been away from my blog for awhile... This past week of my life has been CRAZY - Not necessarily my internship, just life!  I got engaged exactly a week ago on Saturday - It was one of the happiest days of my life!  I then had to head home to Minnesota the next day for a funeral on Monday and to see my great grandma before she passed away (on Thursday)... So, I really only worked Wednesday-Friday this week in the office.  First, I'll share a picture of my ring for everyone to see - I don't think the picture does justice - I think it's much more beautiful in person! I'm in love with it and we are so excited and happy!


So I headed back to work on Wednesday... And I started off helping Tim with his two personal injury cases.  We got all the HIPPA forms signed and returned from his clients so I organized which medical providers we had to send those to for each client, typed up a cover letter, and faxed those out to the providers.  With having a lot of previous experience earlier this summer with working on two other personal injury cases for Kristen and Paul, I actually feel like I know what I'm doing which is nice and rewarding :) Lizzie (the other intern) wanted to get in on the picture for my blog as we were working on and organizing these two personal injury files - She is a hoot! 



Over the course of the week, I continued to help Paul with one of his client's family trust accounts which I did all of the accounting work for earlier this summer.  Since there is an issue among this family because they are questioning the sibling who was in charge of their parent's finances and accounts when they became incapable, we are trying to go through and track all deposits and disbursements from all the accounts to prove no money was taken by their sister.  So, he had me type up a few documents that explain, in a simple way, how the money is traceable.  Notice my post-it note beside my computer which is a to-do list... Since I always have 10 different little jobs going on at once for everyone around the office! 


I'm sure next week will be another hectic week as I have to go back to MN for my great grandma's funeral on Wednesday,,, So we will see how much work and blogging I get around to!  Not to mention the two weeks following that, I'll be away from my internship and working volleyball camps at the college with my team!  I'm sure I will be blogging about those experiences for those two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment