Sunday, June 12, 2016

Something New Everyday


Much of my day on Thursday consisted of filing away the folders of Paul and Kristen's clients. Although I guess I didn't "learn" much from doing this... There is always this kind of work at any job that no one wants to do. So... The intern gets stuck with those kind of jobs usually :) I'm okay with that though and happy to help out everyone around the office with these kind of jobs so they can stay busy with the work of theirs that is more important. 


Pictured above is what I started doing on Friday.  I used HotDocs, which is an addition to Microsoft Word, to create a probate for a man who had just passed away on June 4th who had a will.  It actually ended up being very simple... Was just a matter of plugging in certain information and the software created the probate in a Word Document that Paul needed.  On Friday I also helped Tim, who is the State's Attorney for Faulk County, with starting the process on a few of his personal injury cases. Since I have already been working on two personal injury cases this summer for Paul, I knew the step-by-step process I had to undergo to get started.  I took care of writing a few letters to his clients and sending those off with paperwork they need to sign before we can start contacting their healthcare providers.  To end the day on Friday, Paul sent Lizzie (the other intern) and I to Tulare (a town right up the road from Redfield) to meet up with one of his clients at his house to get some paperwork. We had fun listening to throwback music in the car ride there and stopped for ice cream at DQ on our way back because it was such a hot day.  Although the days can get long in the office sometimes, there is always something new that happens everyday and makes it fun :)  



No comments:

Post a Comment