Sunday, June 19, 2016

What a Week!


 
The rest of the week, I was bouncing back and forth between all that accounting work for Angela and also a project that Paul had me start!  He gave me this "to-do" list for one of his clients' trust accounts.  His client has two different trust accounts - One of them he created back in 1991 which will divide his land among his daughter and step-daughter.  And he also created another trust account in 2013 which will only be going to his daughter.  In short, it was this big file which he wanted separated out into two different files, along with sub-files to separate trust papers, wills, power of attorneys, funding, etc. From there I had to contact the Assessor's office in Faulk County to obtain an assessment list of real property for this particular client.  This document gave me a list of all the property that the client owns and who the deed holder is (so what Trust it is under).  Paul wanted to make sure that there was no property just under his clients' name - He wants all property in one of the trusts.  I did find a few pieces of real estate that were just under his name so now Paul can get those deeded over to one of the trust accounts.  It was an interesting project and I learned a lot along the way!


It felt like this past week at work was never going to end! I was very excited when Friday afternoon came around to say the least - I even left a little early because I got all my work done :) On Monday I'm heading to Selby, SD with Tim for court. I'm very excited to get out of the office and see a different court room! 

No comments:

Post a Comment